If you have a problem.This page has been designed to assist our tenants with some common problems that can occur in a home or apartment. Please read this page before calling us. Please note that we do want to fix your problem, but in some instances the problem is quite normal and so quickly and easily fixed by you. If you go through the options and there is still no solution please call your Property Manager to sort out the next step.
Oven not working.As a safety feature, all ovens do not work unless the clock/timer has been set. If you are new to a tenancy when you come across this problem, then the clock has probably been reset, and needs to be set correctly. If you are struggling with setting it, then just fiddle with the buttons and dials of the timer and you may get it sorted (really, it does work!)
Power not working1. Is there power to the property? Do any switches, lights, power points work? If not, then check if the adjoining properties have lost power as well? If so, then there is a general power cut and you will have to wait until the lines company fixes the problem.
2. Have you paid your account? (maybe someone
forgot to pay the bill)
3. If there is power or light in some areas then a fuse has blow. You need to reset the fuse in the fuse box (or if an older fuse box, replace the fuse wire). Please note that you may have a faulty electrical appliance plugged in.
No hot water
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS: If there have been power problems in your area, the power company may have suspended electricity to your hot water cylinder to save power (yes, they can do this). Check if your neighbours have the same problem. If so, then sorry, you will just have to wait for the power company to solve their problems.
1. If on bottle gas, check if the gas is not out. If it is, then re-order the gas. In some cases you can connect a standard BBQ 9kg bottle to keep yourself going.
2. Have you paid the gas bill?
3. Is there power to the gas califont (that is the box that heats the water on the outside of the house)? Some systems use battery power to light the gas (if so replace the battery). Others operate on a standard electrical circuit, so if the power is out you won't have hot water. If there is an electrical problem only at your house, see if you can run an extension cable from the neighbours (wasn't it useful you kept on good terms with them!)
Clothes Dryer doesn't start
Most dryers wont start if there is too much lint in the filters. Your filter may be on the door or inside the dryer. Clean out the filter and you will be good to go.
Insinkerator doesn't start
If the food disposal fails to work, push the reset button. This button is located under the unit and is usually coloured red.
Light or Power not working
Check the power or fuse box. Ensure the power is on and the switch has not tripped.
Shower/bath water drainage
Clean the water outlet of hair and soap build up which can
block water drainage. Using a plunger can also free up the
drainage. Please note: never flush fat down the kitchen sink
or disposal. Fax blocks pipes very easily.